Applicants & Registrants
CANADEM is the only organization to bring you the full range of international opportunities and rapid deployments. Employers such as UN agencies, multilateral organizations, national governments, NGOs, and private businesses from around the world use CANADEM to post jobs and find qualified staff.
Benefits of registering:
- Receive a personalized e-mail every time an organization seeks someone with your skill set
- Be considered for positions closed to the general public
- Receive institutional support for job applications from CANADEM’s extensive experience
- Be eligible for training workshops with UN departments and partner agencies (i.e. Procap)
- Gain access to job opportunities only available for CANADEM registrants
- Possess at least 5 years of work experience in their field of expertise
- Have UN language skills: English and ideally a second language
- Experience working or volunteering with NGOs, government, multinational or UN agencies
- Ability to think quickly, adapt to new situations, and able to live and work in difficult environments
- Cultural and gender sensitivity, and demonstrated exceptional inter-personal skills
Please refer to these Tutorial Videos for further assistance on preparing your profile for CANADEM
Referee Questionnaires and CV Guidelines
By completing this level of screening, registrants increase their chances of selection by international agencies as this allow us to make stronger recommendations on their behalf. Please ask two former or current colleagues, (one of whom must be a former supervisor), to complete form at www.canadem.ca/referee or you can download and send word documents from one on the links on the right and have them return the forms directly to us.
Important: Learn how to build an effective resume for UN and other international job applications.
Important: How to build an effective Police resume to increase chances of selection for job applications.
UN Resources (UNP11, Security Field Courses)
Also known as a “Personal History Form,” this is a comprehensive and standardized job application for UN positions.
Required courses for UN field work and for CANADEM RAP-Fund secondments.After completion, please save your certificates as a PDF. file. You will be required to submit them to CANADEM for various positions and all RAP Fund secondments.
This post is also available in: French