The Global Alliance for Urban Crisis Response Roster
The Response Roster is a global, multi-disciplinary roster of urban crises experts. It enhance the ability of Global Alliance to become a collaborative community of practice and a ‘network of networks’ to prevent, prepare for, and effectively respond to humanitarian crises in urban settings.
This specialized Roster is hosted by CANADEM. It is a repository of experts specializing on full range of international urban expertise in humanitarian and development assistance programs. It is developed to work with existing global, regional and national partners to facilitate the deployment of urban leaders, managers and technical experts.
The Response Roster serve primarily as an open roster for GAUC partners and members. It has municipal, national, regional, and global experts specializing in humanitarian urban response and municipal affairs. The GAUC Response Roster is particularly useful for those cities or agencies without a roster, or to supplement their current roster. It provides free rostering services for the purposes of urban humanitarian response, building resilience with municipalities and knowledge sharing.
Rapid and cost effective deployment of experts to cities is one of the main objectives of this platform. These experts work in support of GAUC’s goal to directly strengthen cities and towns that are inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable as laid out in the Sustainable Development Goals of the 2030 Agenda. Deployed experts, often embedded in local government, can carry out functions such as training, capacity building, and crisis response.
Its membership is broad, in line with the GAUC goals and includes specialists not traditionally considered humanitarian responders such as development and urban professionals as well as employees of local authorities. The Roster is standby in character – it includes experts who might be already on assignment and hence unavailable. Therefore it is quite large so as to ensure constant availability of candidates in the most critical types of expertise.
Benefits of registering:
- Receive a personalized e-mail every time an organization seeks someone with your skill set
- Be considered for positions closed to the general public
- Receive institutional support for job applications from GAUC’s partner and member organizations
- Gain access to job opportunities only available for GAUC roster registrants
- Possess at least 5 years of work experience in their field of expertise
- Have language skills in English and ideally a second language
- Experience working or volunteering with NGOs, government, multinational or UN agencies
- Ability to think quickly, adapt to new situations, and able to live and work in difficult environments
- Cultural and gender sensitivity, and demonstrated exceptional inter-personal skills
Registration is always free and open to applicants of all nationalities.